Inside Sales Representative - Dania Beach, Florida
The Inside Sales Representative's primary duties include daily contact with SCP customers via inbound/outbound phone calls and emails to process customer orders, provide order quotations, cross-sell and up-sell SCP products, and other duties to maintain productive and active customer relationships. Job is located at our corporate office in Dania Beach, Florida. Sales Experience in wire/cable industry preferred. Must have sales experience in the residential or commercial Custom Installation (CEDIA) industry. Also, manufacturer or distributor sales for Security, Satellite/Cable, DataCom, and/or Electrical markets may be considered.
About Structured Cable Products Inc ("SCP")
Structured Cable Products Inc is a global manufacturer and supplier of low voltage cables and accessories for the residential and commercial Custom Installation (CEDIA), A/V, Security/Alarm, Satellite/Cable, DataCom, and Electrical markets. SCP has 3 locations in the USA (Corporate Office-Dania Beach-South Florida, Arlington-Texas, Fontana-California) and our European Distribution Center-The Netherlands. SCP branded products are sold through leading national and regional distributors throughout the world. We are looking for qualified applicants that have experience in one or more of our market segments. SCP is one of the fastest growing international brands in our industry due to the efforts of our personnel and distribution partnerships. SCP offers the best combination of Quality, Service, and Pricing in the market.
Inbound Order Processing
- Handle incoming customer telephone calls and emails in a courteous and professional manner.
- Timely processing of inbound customer orders by way of phone, email, and fax; and correctly entering these orders in the SCP computer system.
- Provide quotes, pricing, stock availability, RMA's, and handling of other customer requests according to company policies and procedures.
- Grow current account sales volume by recommending SCP products, offering alternative SCP products for any out of stock issues; and promoting new SCP products to customers.
- Ensure the prompt handling of customer orders, inquiries, and requests.
- Possess product knowledge and a willingness to learn new products and product lines to incorporate successful up-selling and cross selling opportunities.
- Demonstrate ability to learn processing of international orders and assist international sales director as may be necessary.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
New Business Development
- Based on proficiency of customer service skills, inbound order processing proficiency, and product knowledge proficiency; you will be eligible to earn commission on new business development accounts.
- Cold call, qualify and obtain new customers according to SCP customer profile requirements.
- Initiate outbound phone calls and emails for sales growth opportunities.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- High School degree required. Bachelor degree preferred.
- 2+ years experience in the low voltage wire/cable, custom installation, A/V, security, Datacom, and/or electrical industry.
- 1+ year of prior direct sales experience in one of the above industries.
- Proficiency with MS Office - Outlook, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Proficient in clear English verbal skills and business writing.
- Experience with MAS 90/200 a plus.
- International sales experience a plus.
- Bilingual a plus (Spanish, German, Dutch, Russian, Mandarin)
- Strong inside telecommunication sales skills with ability to negotiate and sell products over the phone/email to current and new accounts.
- Effective listening, communication (verbal and written), negotiation and phone skills.
- Ability to learn and understand the minimum technical specifications of our products.
- Capable of following verbal instructions.
- Work well with others.
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Commission program on new business development.
- Excellent benefits include medical, prescription drug, paid holidays, vacation, and personal/sick time.
Please email a cover letter and current resume to careers(at)scpcat5e.com.