SCP Return Policy
Return of any product back to Structured Cable Products Inc (“SCP”) must be authorized in advance by SCP and must be submitted on SCP’s Return Material Authorization (RMA) Form. If you purchased an SCP item from an authorized SCP distributor or reseller, you must contact the SCP reseller from whom you originally purchased the item(s) and follow their return policy procedures.
For our Standard Limited Warranty claims please refer to our Standard Limited Warranty Terms and Conditions for full warranty details and limitations. Please contact our Warranty Department at email@example.com
For our 25 Year Certified Connectivity System Limited Warranty, please refer to our 25 Year Certified Connectivity System Limited Warranty Terms and Conditions for full warranty details and limitations. Please contact our Warranty Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
60 Day Risk-Free Limited Warranty:
All stock items sold directly from SCP are covered by our Risk-Free Limited Warranty for a period of 60 days from the date of the SCP invoice. If you are not satisfied with your purchased SCP item(s), please contact our Return Department to obtain a Return Material Authorization (RMA) within 60 days of the original SCP invoice date. All items being returned under the 60 Day Risk-Free Limited Warranty must be returned freight prepaid and be in its complete original condition having no damages to the item nor packaging and must be unopened with all original labels and/or seals still intact. Items accepted for return under the 60 Day Risk-Free Limited Warranty are eligible for merchandise credit in the amount indicated on the original SCP invoice for said item(s). Items can only be accepted for return AFTER issuance of an RMA by SCP.
Custom or special-order items; items sold as closeouts, discontinued, obsolete, non-compliant stock, or shortages are not eligible for return under the 60 Day Risk-Free Limited Warranty.
Items older than 60 days from the date of the original SCP invoice are not eligible for return under this Warranty policy. If there is a problem regarding the performance of the item, please refer to our Standard Limited Warranty Terms and Conditions. You may also contact your SCP sales account manager to inquire about what remedies SCP may be able to provide to you.
For all items eligible for return on the applicable SCP warranty program, please contact our Returns Department by phone or email at email@example.com in advance before initiating the return of any items to obtain a Return Material Authorization (RMA) number.
The returning on any items must follow the below SCP Return Material Authorization (RMA) process:
- First contact the SCP Returns Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone direct at 1-954-327-5770 and ask for the Returns Department to explain the nature of the return and to obtain an RMA number. Any items returned prior to obtaining an SCP RMA number or failure to follow the SCP Return Policy Procedures may deny SCP acceptance of the returned items.
- Issuance of an RMA does not constitute acknowledgment of a defective product nor eligibility for obtaining merchandise credit. Issuance of an RMA only signifies “authorization” to physically return the items so that they may be inspected by SCP.
- All return items that are ultimately Accepted and Approved by SCP will receive merchandise credit to the customer’s SCP account in the amount originally charged on the original SCP invoice. No cash refunds will be provided.
- After SCP has issued you an RMA number, please make sure that your return shipment is clearly labeled with the SCP RMA NUMBER. All RMA returns, unless communicated otherwise by SCP’s Returns Department, must be sent to the following address below:
Structured Cable Products Inc
Attention: Returns - RMA Number __________
3490 SW 30th Avenue
Dania Beach, FL 33312
- All RMA items must be returned freight prepaid to the designated SCP location indicated at the time of RMA issuance. Loss or damages to RMA items during return shipping to SCP are not the responsibility of SCP. Please be sure that all return shipments are insured for the invoice values.
- When contacting SCP to obtain an RMA number please have the following information available:
- SCP part number(s) for the item(s) needing to be returned and quantity.
- Copy of the SCP invoice or SCP invoice number showing when the items were acquired by you.
- The description of why you need to return the item(s).
- If a customer requests to return items outside of the 60 Day Risk-Free Limited Warranty and the item is not a warranty claim, SCP may agree to the return depending on the specific item(s) involved. Any item(s) accepted by SCP for return outside of the original 60 Day Risk-Free return window will be subject to restocking charges up to 50% of the original invoice value. All items being returned per SCP authorization must be returned freight prepaid and be in its complete original condition having no damages to the item nor packaging and must be unopened with all original labels and/or seals still intact. Please contact your SCP Sales Account Manager or the SCP Returns Department for more details.
If the return has to do with a Warranty Claim please provide the following:
- Picture of the SCP item label and
- Pictures of the problem/issue illustrating the nature of the problem.
- Other information may be required as may be requested by SCP.
All warranty returns will be handled according to the applicable Warranty return policies.
In most instances, SCP will complete its review, testing, and verification of the Warranty claimed defect within 30 days of receipt as per the Terms and Conditions of the applicable warranty policy. If the item(s) are determined by SCP not to be defective upon inspection by SCP and determined in SCP’s sole discretion not covered by an SCP warranty program, no credit will be provided. Additionally, the item(s) will not be returned to Customer unless the Customer prepays the return shipping charges as determined by SCP. It is important for the Customer to carefully review the Limited Warranty Exclusions located in the applicable Warranty Terms and Conditions.
Order Processing and Shipping Errors
Returns Due to SCP Shipping Errors
From time to time you may experience receiving the wrong item in your SCP order shipment. We do our best to ensure that every order is meticulously prepared and shipped. If you receive a wrong item in your shipment and wish to return the item, please contact SCP within 2 business days of order receipt.
SCP will work with you in resolving the Shipped Items Error by one of the following methods at SCP’s discretion:
- SCP will cover the cost to return the incorrect item(s) back to SCP and SCP will ship at our expense (using comparable shipping method as per the original order) the corrected items as per the original approved order;
- Customer may also elect to keep the received items and any necessary credit or debit adjustments will be made to customer’s SCP account; or
Item Shortage Error
It is important that you check the order at the time of delivery. Do not sign for acceptance of the order with the delivery service until you have verified receipt of all items as per the packing list. If you receive an order with an item(s) missing, please write this on the delivery receipt with the shipping company. We also highly recommend that you take pictures of the pallet or shipping boxes that you did receive. This will all help, should a shipping claim need to be made.
Please then contact SCP directly as soon as possible. We will review all shipping documents from our end and conduct an audit of our warehouse stock to reconcile physical stock to what our system indicates. If we verify that your order shortage was caused by SCP error, we will arrange shipping of the missing item(s) at SCP expense using similar shipping method as per the original order or we may agree to credit your SCP account for the invoice value of the item(s) not shipped. However, if we verify that the item(s) were shipped, you will need to make a shipping claim with the shipping service. SCP will assist you with this process. By notifying the shipping service at the time of delivery of the short shipment, this will help with the shipping claim.
Item Overage Error
If you receive any items or quantities in excess of the order amount, please contact us as soon as possible. SCP will at our discretion: Allow you to keep the overage items and SCP will charge the applicable costs to your SCP account, or SCP may elect to have the items shipped back to SCP at SCP expense.
Custom, Private Label or Special-Order Items
Custom, Private Label, or Special-Order items are not eligible for return unless there is an eligible warranty claim being made.
Obsolete and Discontinued Items
Any items determined by SCP to be obsolete or discontinued items are not eligible for return. Only warranty claims will be considered.
SCP Europe Warehouse Returns
For any returns on orders processed through our Netherlands warehouse, please contact your SCP Sales Account Manager or the SCP Returns Department for instructions.
For non-warranty related returns, the items will typically be returned to our Netherlands warehouse. The RMA process above will be followed.
For warranty-related returns, we will contact you to discuss the necessary steps to facilitate the RMA process. Typically, all testing and warranty validation activities are done at the SCP Corporate Office in Florida, USA. However, some of our International Authorized Distributors handle the testing and warranty validation activities on behalf of SCP. We will arrange with you regarding the necessary steps to take on a case by case basis.
International Returns on Items Purchased from SCP USA Warehouses
Please contact your SCP Account Manager or SCP Returns Department and explain that you have an International Return on items purchased from an SCP USA warehouse. Please obtain an RMA number and we will provide further instructions on how to proceed.